iFIX New York® can diagnose and repair your water damaged MacBook
A wet MacBook, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air is a serious problem. From coffee spills, to water spills or even sticky soda we’ve seen all types of water damaged laptops.
Water Damaged MacBook Repairs
Even if you wipe it off immediately even the smallest amount of water, coffee, tea, or today can seep into the tiny crevices of your MacBook. And once liquid gets into your Apple laptop that’s when the real damage begins. Corrosion can damage your logic board, cause electrical shorts, result in data loss and even fires.
How to Save Your MacBook from Water Damage
- First, unplug your MacBook
- Turn your MacBook off.
- Don’t press any other keys or buttons.
- Leave the screen open and turn your MacBook upside down so water can drain out. If the spill was just on one side turn the laptop so water drains directly out of the closest area.
- If you have a removable battery (older Apple laptops) take the battery out.
- Dab excess water from the laptop with a clean dry rag or towel.
- DO NOT TRY TO TURN YOUR MACBOOK ON
- Don’t put your MacBook in rice. Fine particles can enter your MacBook and create more problems.
- Bring your MacBook to iFIX New York
The key is to bring your Mac to iFIX New York as soon as possible. The longer you wait—or if you let someone with insufficient skill attempt repair—your logic board could be completely destroyed.
Our techs are trained and experienced in all types of water damage repair, including:
- Spilled water on MacBook Air
- Coffee spilled on MacBook Pro
- Water damaged MacBook keyboard
- Water damaged MacBook won’t turn on
- Fix water damaged MacBook air
What sets iFIX New York apart?
We use only OEM-quality parts.
Our experienced and highly trained technicians carefully troubleshoot and repair your device—normally while you wait. And we use only high quality parts—just like the manufacturer installed—ensuring a high quality repair that lasts the life of your device.
Our 90-Day Guarantee
All repairs performed by iFIX New York are guaranteed for parts and labor for 90 days. If anything goes wrong, bring it back and we’ll make it right. See our Terms & Conditions for details.
Why Choose iFIX New York?
At iFIX New York, we provide professional, reliable and fast service at reasonable prices. And we stand behind our work for a full 90 days.